Identifying opportunities to redevelop historic buildings in Oakland and throughout the Bay Area is a key component of SK Builders work. 1618 Franklin Street was a distressed property in the heart of Downtown Oakland - a two-story mixed-use, 30,000 square foot, “Class B,” building with a full basement and mezzanine level.
- Exposing the original vaulted ceiling and rafters
- Exposing and restoring elegant maple flooring
- Exposing previously painted second floor 6-ft. windows
- Cost-effectively updating the HVAC systems to ensure code compliance
- Removing old paneling to reveal the original exposed concrete walls
Today, 1618 Franklin is a beautifully restored building with modern and updated features while also preserving the Bay Area’s rich and diverse historic environment.